Sanford Health Continuing Care
Programs and services:
Sanford Health Sunset Drive Continuing Care Center
- 24-hour skilled nursing: Professional, quality nursing care is provided around the clock by a team of registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and certified nursing assistants.
- Rehabilitation services: The rehabilitation team creates an individualized treatment plan to meet your specific needs. The team members objective is to play an integral role in helping you regain your health and reach your maximum functional ability.
||Therapies: Physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy are offered in addition to restorative nursing services.
- Nutrition services: The dining experience is an important part of a resident's medical and social well-being. Therefore, meeting the nutritional needs of our residents with well-balanced meals and snacks is just one part of a resident's overall plan of care.
- Case management: Case managers plan, implement, coordinate, monitor and evaluate options and services to best meet our residents' needs.
- Pastoral care: Pastoral care provides spiritual needs for multi-denominations.
- Other services
||•IV therapy: Residents can receive intravenous therapies onsite.
•Tracheotomies: Care is provided for residents requiring tracheotomy tubes.
•Tube feeding: Tube feedings provide nutrition to residents who are unable to swallow.
Skilled physical therapy treatments include:
- Training in areas of bed mobility, transfers and gait (with or without an assistive device)
- Treatment of lower extremity functional limitations
- Strength training and coordination
- Range of motion therapy
An occupational therapy treatment plan may include:
- Fine and gross motor control development
- One-handed dressing techniques, grooming, bathing and home management skills
- Training in the use of self-help aids
- Cognitive skills development
- Upper body strengthening and coordination
- Home evaluation to assess need for adaptive equipment and to promote safety
Therapy may include:
- Receptive/expressive language therapy
- Aural rehabilitation
- Swallowing management
Restorative nursing services are provided to maintain optimal physical, mental and social functioning after skilled therapy services are no longer required. Services are under the direct supervision of a registered nurse and are normally provided by specially trained certified nurse assistants.